NHIAA Football: Central is Wade's world
Wade carried the ball 23 times for 246 yards and two touchdowns to lead Central to a 22-21 come-from-behind victory over Goffstown.
"Wade is awesome," Central coach Ryan Ray said. "Good player, great person — that's what you love to have on your football team. We had a nice, long pass play and a whole lot of Jesiah Wade."
Goffstown took a 21-15 lead when quarterback Casey Gervais scored his second rushing TD from 5 yards away with 10:39 left.
Goffstown led 15-8 at halftime. The Grizzlies trailed 8-7 when Goffstown's Joe Small blocked a Central punt and gave Goffstown possession on the Central 38-yard line. Four plays later Gervais hooked up with Paul Teixeira for a 7-yard TD pass. Christian Marquis ran in the two-point conversion to make it 15-8 with 4:08 left in the first half.
Wade scored Central's first-half TD on a 59-yard run. After a Goffstown penalty, Central elected to go for two and took an 8-7 lead when Wade found room off tackle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan