NHIAA Football: Central is Wade's world
Wade carried the ball 23 times for 246 yards and two touchdowns to lead Central to a 22-21 come-from-behind victory over Goffstown.
"Wade is awesome," Central coach Ryan Ray said. "Good player, great person — that's what you love to have on your football team. We had a nice, long pass play and a whole lot of Jesiah Wade."
Goffstown took a 21-15 lead when quarterback Casey Gervais scored his second rushing TD from 5 yards away with 10:39 left.
Goffstown led 15-8 at halftime. The Grizzlies trailed 8-7 when Goffstown's Joe Small blocked a Central punt and gave Goffstown possession on the Central 38-yard line. Four plays later Gervais hooked up with Paul Teixeira for a 7-yard TD pass. Christian Marquis ran in the two-point conversion to make it 15-8 with 4:08 left in the first half.
Wade scored Central's first-half TD on a 59-yard run. After a Goffstown penalty, Central elected to go for two and took an 8-7 lead when Wade found room off tackle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 2
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch