NHIAA Football: Central is Wade's world
Wade carried the ball 23 times for 246 yards and two touchdowns to lead Central to a 22-21 come-from-behind victory over Goffstown.
"Wade is awesome," Central coach Ryan Ray said. "Good player, great person — that's what you love to have on your football team. We had a nice, long pass play and a whole lot of Jesiah Wade."
Goffstown took a 21-15 lead when quarterback Casey Gervais scored his second rushing TD from 5 yards away with 10:39 left.
Goffstown led 15-8 at halftime. The Grizzlies trailed 8-7 when Goffstown's Joe Small blocked a Central punt and gave Goffstown possession on the Central 38-yard line. Four plays later Gervais hooked up with Paul Teixeira for a 7-yard TD pass. Christian Marquis ran in the two-point conversion to make it 15-8 with 4:08 left in the first half.
Wade scored Central's first-half TD on a 59-yard run. After a Goffstown penalty, Central elected to go for two and took an 8-7 lead when Wade found room off tackle.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan