NHIAA Football: Central is Wade's world
Wade carried the ball 23 times for 246 yards and two touchdowns to lead Central to a 22-21 come-from-behind victory over Goffstown.
"Wade is awesome," Central coach Ryan Ray said. "Good player, great person — that's what you love to have on your football team. We had a nice, long pass play and a whole lot of Jesiah Wade."
Goffstown took a 21-15 lead when quarterback Casey Gervais scored his second rushing TD from 5 yards away with 10:39 left.
Goffstown led 15-8 at halftime. The Grizzlies trailed 8-7 when Goffstown's Joe Small blocked a Central punt and gave Goffstown possession on the Central 38-yard line. Four plays later Gervais hooked up with Paul Teixeira for a 7-yard TD pass. Christian Marquis ran in the two-point conversion to make it 15-8 with 4:08 left in the first half.
Wade scored Central's first-half TD on a 59-yard run. After a Goffstown penalty, Central elected to go for two and took an 8-7 lead when Wade found room off tackle.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement