Kings prospect Linden Vey's day seems to be coming
Location, location, location.
Rest assured, Muzzin wasn't directing his arm at the mucker-and-grinder section. It was more like the Justin Williams-Jarret Stoll-Anze Kopitar wing.
The NHL contracts in camp - as well as the salary-cap considerations - suggest the kids will start the season in Manchester, barring a major surprise, and the words "youth movement" aren't traditionally associated with Kings Coach Darryl Sutter.
Team executives think Vey will make his NHL debut at some point this season. Toffoli appeared in 10 games with the Kings last season and 12 more in the playoffs, and Pearson made his NHL debut in the second round of the playoffs, playing in one game.
"That whole line is like when (Ron) Cey, (Bill) Russell, (Davey) Lopes and (Steve) Garvey were all in the minors together," Lombardi said of the storied Dodgers infielders.
Vey, who turned 22 in July, said the hope is that they can make the squad "one by one." Drafted in the fourth round in 2009, he has had plenty of meetings with Lombardi.
"He's usually pretty honest about how he is playing," Shaun said. "If anything, he's a little bit hard on himself at times. If he tells me he's played OK, I think he played good. If he says he played bad, he probably didn't play as bad as he thinks."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice