Kings prospect Linden Vey's day seems to be coming
Location, location, location.
Rest assured, Muzzin wasn't directing his arm at the mucker-and-grinder section. It was more like the Justin Williams-Jarret Stoll-Anze Kopitar wing.
The NHL contracts in camp - as well as the salary-cap considerations - suggest the kids will start the season in Manchester, barring a major surprise, and the words "youth movement" aren't traditionally associated with Kings Coach Darryl Sutter.
Team executives think Vey will make his NHL debut at some point this season. Toffoli appeared in 10 games with the Kings last season and 12 more in the playoffs, and Pearson made his NHL debut in the second round of the playoffs, playing in one game.
"That whole line is like when (Ron) Cey, (Bill) Russell, (Davey) Lopes and (Steve) Garvey were all in the minors together," Lombardi said of the storied Dodgers infielders.
Vey, who turned 22 in July, said the hope is that they can make the squad "one by one." Drafted in the fourth round in 2009, he has had plenty of meetings with Lombardi.
"He's usually pretty honest about how he is playing," Shaun said. "If anything, he's a little bit hard on himself at times. If he tells me he's played OK, I think he played good. If he says he played bad, he probably didn't play as bad as he thinks."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement