Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry woman injured by I-93 highway sign crashing through windshied
Police said Kristen Patch, 28, was traveling southbound in the Salem area earlier this week when a three-legged constructions sign went airborne, crashing through her windshield and striking her face with one of its tripod legs.
Patch was transported to Lawrence General Hospital, where she was treated for severe facial injuries, according to police reports.
She underwent surgery on Wednesday and remains hospitalized as of Friday afternoon, a call to the hospital confirmed. Word on Patch’s condition wasn't immediately available.
Contacted on Friday morning, Bill Boynton, public information officer for the State Department of Transportation, said Patch had retained legal counsel and he declined to comment on the matter.
Boynton referred all inquires to state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax