Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry woman injured by I-93 highway sign crashing through windshied
Police said Kristen Patch, 28, was traveling southbound in the Salem area earlier this week when a three-legged constructions sign went airborne, crashing through her windshield and striking her face with one of its tripod legs.
Patch was transported to Lawrence General Hospital, where she was treated for severe facial injuries, according to police reports.
She underwent surgery on Wednesday and remains hospitalized as of Friday afternoon, a call to the hospital confirmed. Word on Patch’s condition wasn't immediately available.
Contacted on Friday morning, Bill Boynton, public information officer for the State Department of Transportation, said Patch had retained legal counsel and he declined to comment on the matter.
Boynton referred all inquires to state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072