Home » News » Public Safety
Londonderry woman injured by I-93 highway sign crashing through windshied
Police said Kristen Patch, 28, was traveling southbound in the Salem area earlier this week when a three-legged constructions sign went airborne, crashing through her windshield and striking her face with one of its tripod legs.
Patch was transported to Lawrence General Hospital, where she was treated for severe facial injuries, according to police reports.
She underwent surgery on Wednesday and remains hospitalized as of Friday afternoon, a call to the hospital confirmed. Word on Patch’s condition wasn't immediately available.
Contacted on Friday morning, Bill Boynton, public information officer for the State Department of Transportation, said Patch had retained legal counsel and he declined to comment on the matter.
Boynton referred all inquires to state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072