Pinkerton Academy educator named 2014 New Hampshire Teacher of the Year
"In order to help our students develop the skills and innovative thinking necessary to succeed in the 21st century economy, New Hampshire needs engaging, high quality teachers like Joseph Lee," Gov. Maggie Hassan said.
Lee received the award in the school's gymnasium as about 3,000 Pinkerton Academy students were on hand for a pep rally.
Lee has been busy this past week coordinating an exchange program with Pinkerton's sister high school in China. Fourteen sophomores from Tanggu No. 1 school near Beijing have been visiting with Pinkerton students. Lee is the high school's advisor to the China Exhange program.
The 29-year-old has spent his entire 6-year teaching career at Pinkerton. The selection committee recognized his conviction and passion to teaching, the energy he brings to the classroom and his philosophy of making every student better, according to the New Hampshire Department of Education.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 11
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
- Mass. ER staffers to describe day of Boston Marathon bombings - 0
- College Roundup: UNH men ousted from hoop tourney - 0
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua