Pinkerton Academy educator named 2014 New Hampshire Teacher of the Year
"In order to help our students develop the skills and innovative thinking necessary to succeed in the 21st century economy, New Hampshire needs engaging, high quality teachers like Joseph Lee," Gov. Maggie Hassan said.
Lee received the award in the school's gymnasium as about 3,000 Pinkerton Academy students were on hand for a pep rally.
Lee has been busy this past week coordinating an exchange program with Pinkerton's sister high school in China. Fourteen sophomores from Tanggu No. 1 school near Beijing have been visiting with Pinkerton students. Lee is the high school's advisor to the China Exhange program.
The 29-year-old has spent his entire 6-year teaching career at Pinkerton. The selection committee recognized his conviction and passion to teaching, the energy he brings to the classroom and his philosophy of making every student better, according to the New Hampshire Department of Education.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383