Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Rochester man linked to hit & run involving a pedestrian earlier this month
Richard D. Garland, 20, of 10 Silver St., was charged with conduct after an accident and driving after revocation or suspension – second offense – after he allegedly struck Katherine Littlefield, 25, of Somersworth, as she was using the crosswalk on North Main Street near the intersection of Pine Street.
After Garland allegedly drove away from the scene, passers-by attempted to assist Littlefield until police, firefighters and emergency arrived. Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital transported Littlefield to SkyHaven Airport, where a helicopter from Dartmouth-Hitchock Advanced Response Team (DHART) flew her to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine.
Littlefield has since been released from the hospital, according to Capt. Paul Toussaint.
Following his arrest at 7:25 p.m., Garland, who was held on $5,000 cash in Strafford County jail, in Dover, is scheduled to be arraigned by video in Rochester Circuit Court Thursday.
Conduct after an accident is a Class B felony which could yield up to 3 1/2 to 7 years in prison while driving after revocation or suspension – 2nd offense – is Class A misdemeanor that could result in up to a year in jail.
Police continue to investigate the accident and believe additional arrests are possible.
Anyone with information may contact Rochester Police Department at (603) 330-7128.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424