Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Rochester man linked to hit & run involving a pedestrian earlier this month
Richard D. Garland, 20, of 10 Silver St., was charged with conduct after an accident and driving after revocation or suspension – second offense – after he allegedly struck Katherine Littlefield, 25, of Somersworth, as she was using the crosswalk on North Main Street near the intersection of Pine Street.
After Garland allegedly drove away from the scene, passers-by attempted to assist Littlefield until police, firefighters and emergency arrived. Paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital transported Littlefield to SkyHaven Airport, where a helicopter from Dartmouth-Hitchock Advanced Response Team (DHART) flew her to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine.
Littlefield has since been released from the hospital, according to Capt. Paul Toussaint.
Following his arrest at 7:25 p.m., Garland, who was held on $5,000 cash in Strafford County jail, in Dover, is scheduled to be arraigned by video in Rochester Circuit Court Thursday.
Conduct after an accident is a Class B felony which could yield up to 3 1/2 to 7 years in prison while driving after revocation or suspension – 2nd offense – is Class A misdemeanor that could result in up to a year in jail.
Police continue to investigate the accident and believe additional arrests are possible.
Anyone with information may contact Rochester Police Department at (603) 330-7128.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Ice storm threatens the region
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424