This Week's Rare Bird Alert
A rufous hummingbird has been seen visiting a birdfeeder at a private residence in Durham on Sept. 22 and 24.
A clapper rail was seen and photographed in the marsh located on the west side of Route 1A opposite Wallis Sands in Rye on Sept. 24.
Five dickcissels were reported during the past week, including one in Pittsfield and one at the cornfields behind the U.S. Post Office on Loudon Road in Concord on Sept. 25, one at Concord Community Gardens on the 20th and 22nd, and one in Freedom and one at Odiorne Point State Park in Rye on the 21st.
There have been numerous sightings of white-throated sparrows along with a few sightings of white-crowned sparrows and Lincoln’s sparrows during the past week. Of particular note were 17 Lincoln’s sparrows tallied at the fields of Sherman Farm in East Conway on Sept. 25.
A yellow-breasted chat was seen at Odiorne Point State Park in Rye on Sept. 21.
There were several reports of Philadelphia vireo, Cape May warbler, Tennessee warbler, Wilson’s warbler, palm warbler, and American pipit during the past week.
A lesser black-backd gull was seen near Odiorne Point State Park in Rye on Sept. 24.
A Baird’s sandpiper was seen at Hampton Beach State Park, and a whimbrel was seen near the north end of Hampton Beach, both on Sept. 19.
Two northern shovelers, three American wigeon, a northern pintail, 15 blue-winged teal and 10 green-winged teal were seen at the Exeter Wastewater Treatment Plant on Sept. 21.
A pair of peregrine falcons was seen roosting in downtown Concord on Sept. 19.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 29
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 30
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters