Tom Herzig's Trackside: ACT title in Helliwell’s hands as last race looms
On Track This WeekendMonadnock: Saturday, 2 p.m.
White Mountain: Saturday, 6 p.m.
Star Speedway: Saturday, 6 p.m.
Hudson : Sunday, 1 p.m.
Peabody led the point parade much of the year. Even if he can’t overtake Baldwin, he’s a contender for a “Most Sponsors for a Strictly (ever!) Award.” The list includes his buddy Dave Damphousse’s business, Ward’s Woodworking, Kingston, Arrow Auto Repair, Lakeside Sport and Marine of Shapleigh, Maine, Seacoast Property Repair, Matthew’s Auto Body, Blackstone Paving of Manchester, M&W Auto Repair of Hooksett, Shorey Racing and Sanford Sign & Graphics. Peabody’s girlfriend, Katy Simpson, works on the car, too.
As Baldwin and Peabody are likely aware, Augevich has gone into the final double points race in third place each of the last two years and came out as the champion.
Monadnock’s season finale, with eight divisions in action, goes Saturday at 2 p.m.
Tom Herzig’s column appears weekly in the New Hampshire Union Leader. Email him at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Saint Raphael Church in Manchester to hold Advent concert on Dec. 3 - 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'