Nashua’s Nolan wins Jays’ service prize
Nashua native Kevin Nolan was named winner of the Blue Jays Community Service Award by the parent club in Toronto.
The 25 year-old Fisher Cats’ shortstop has proven his commitment to the community through his tireless efforts and positive attitude.
“Kevin’s efforts in the community enhanced many lives beyond the diamond and this recognition is extremely well deserved,” said Fisher Cats President Rick Brenner. “The Blue Jays and their players know the importance of giving back to the communities where they spend their summer, and Kevin represented himself, the Fisher Cats, and the Blue Jays with class all season long. We appreciate all of his efforts.”
Nolan joined over 100 kids at a Dartmouth-Hitchcock Baseball/Softball camp as a counselor and signed autographs after speaking to kids the Boys & Girls Club in Nashua. He also greeted patients from the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
Nolan will attend the annual Granite State Baseball Dinner on Nov. 23.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Turkeys make Valley Cemetery their 'resting' place - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A man of the streets helped set up a haven for those who need it most - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Life isn't what it used to be for ER worker injured in attack involving mentally ill man - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A sewer for the century - 0
- Manchester aims to end junk king's reign - 11
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester slow to get the lead out - 5
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: These players got game – for foosball - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Reclaiming Manchester's parks - 3
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Doing the work, making a difference - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840