Nashua’s Nolan wins Jays’ service prize
Nashua native Kevin Nolan was named winner of the Blue Jays Community Service Award by the parent club in Toronto.
The 25 year-old Fisher Cats’ shortstop has proven his commitment to the community through his tireless efforts and positive attitude.
“Kevin’s efforts in the community enhanced many lives beyond the diamond and this recognition is extremely well deserved,” said Fisher Cats President Rick Brenner. “The Blue Jays and their players know the importance of giving back to the communities where they spend their summer, and Kevin represented himself, the Fisher Cats, and the Blue Jays with class all season long. We appreciate all of his efforts.”
Nolan joined over 100 kids at a Dartmouth-Hitchcock Baseball/Softball camp as a counselor and signed autographs after speaking to kids the Boys & Girls Club in Nashua. He also greeted patients from the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.
Nolan will attend the annual Granite State Baseball Dinner on Nov. 23.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 8
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 18
- John Stossel: Celebs pose in opposition to system that made them rich - 7
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 2
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Most NH hospitals average on measurement of knee, hip surgery; Wentworth-Douglas among worst
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840