John Stossel: It's either innovation or stagnation
3D printers now allow you to mold objects right in your living room, using patterns you find online. It's a revolutionary invention that will save time, reduce shipping costs and be kind to the earth.
On TV, Rachel Maddow sneered about "a well-armed anarchist utopia, where everybody fends for themselves with stupid-looking plastic guns. ... It's a political effort to try to do away with government."
Technological innovation constantly threatens centralized authorities.
"Smash the Internet!" said a cover story in the conservative magazine Weekly Standard, illustrated with a sledgehammer smashing a computer screen.
"The Internet Is Making Kids Stupid" says PC Magazine. CBS's Bob Schieffer whines that in the absence of supervising editors, "ignorance travels as rapidly as great ideas."
It's not a few people desiring guns that I fear. It's government getting in the way of all those new possibilities.
READER COMMENTS: 22
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
- NH gas pipeline expansion pushed - 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
- Wind company’s tower permit delayed again - 3
- Protesters decry 4.2-cent increase to statewide gas tax - 0
- New Hampshire motorists decry hike in fuel tax - 26
- UPDATED: Power restored after 2,000 customers go without in Manchester's downtown - 0
- Company behind Groton wind plant promotes emergency plan - 0
- Citizens protest Hollis pipeline as town awaits project details - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy