John Stossel: It's either innovation or stagnation
3D printers now allow you to mold objects right in your living room, using patterns you find online. It's a revolutionary invention that will save time, reduce shipping costs and be kind to the earth.
On TV, Rachel Maddow sneered about "a well-armed anarchist utopia, where everybody fends for themselves with stupid-looking plastic guns. ... It's a political effort to try to do away with government."
Technological innovation constantly threatens centralized authorities.
"Smash the Internet!" said a cover story in the conservative magazine Weekly Standard, illustrated with a sledgehammer smashing a computer screen.
"The Internet Is Making Kids Stupid" says PC Magazine. CBS's Bob Schieffer whines that in the absence of supervising editors, "ignorance travels as rapidly as great ideas."
It's not a few people desiring guns that I fear. It's government getting in the way of all those new possibilities.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 1
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 4
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 22
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 15
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK? - 1
- Another View - Debra and Marc Tice: Give families a say in hostage policy - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Politicians betray us by betraying our protectors - 1
- Another View -- Ross Gittell and Jeremy Hitchcock: By focusing on student success, NH community colleges prove their value - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite Staters are front and center for UNH - 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
- College Football: These Redbirds can run and pass - 0
- Bedford pizza restaurant gets surprise makeover from Eastern Bank - 0
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 0
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 9
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- College Basketball: UNH women top Dartmouth - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Exeter skates past Trinity - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules