John Stossel: It's either innovation or stagnation
3D printers now allow you to mold objects right in your living room, using patterns you find online. It's a revolutionary invention that will save time, reduce shipping costs and be kind to the earth.
On TV, Rachel Maddow sneered about "a well-armed anarchist utopia, where everybody fends for themselves with stupid-looking plastic guns. ... It's a political effort to try to do away with government."
Technological innovation constantly threatens centralized authorities.
"Smash the Internet!" said a cover story in the conservative magazine Weekly Standard, illustrated with a sledgehammer smashing a computer screen.
"The Internet Is Making Kids Stupid" says PC Magazine. CBS's Bob Schieffer whines that in the absence of supervising editors, "ignorance travels as rapidly as great ideas."
It's not a few people desiring guns that I fear. It's government getting in the way of all those new possibilities.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release