New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief
MANCHESTER — The Manchester VAMC will host an open house or new enrollment for health care on Wednesday, Oct. 2, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., in the teaching and education conference room on the first floor.
Bring a DD214 along with a government ID.
Contact Judy at 624-4366, extension 2291 for more information.
CONCORD — Rock the Regiment, a non-profit rock music concert to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project, is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 28, at Tandy's Top Shelf, 1 Eagle Square.
Rock the Regiment will feature area bands Hanging Scarlet, A Simple Complex, with special guest Charlie Farren.
The Wounded Warrior Project provides services to returning service members and their families.
All profits will go to the Wounded Warrior Project.
For more information, contact Joe Cadrette, event director at 783-0103.
The VAMC Manchester is planning for walk-in flu clinics for all eligible veterans.
No appointment is needed.
Here are the dates and times:
Monday, Sept. 30, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 1, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 4, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Also, the VAMC drive-through flu clinics will be available to all eligible veterans until Monday, Sept. 16, in building 7, from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The CBOC's will also be providing flu vaccines during regular scheduled appointments this fall.
VSF grant to Nashua dental group will help veterans
NASHUA — The Veterans Support Foundation recently awarded a $10,000 grant to the Greater Nashua Dental Connection.
"Over the last few years, we've seen a huge increase in veterans seeking treatment at the clinic from all throughout the state. Some are 22 years old and need specialized emergency care while some are seniors in need of affordable dentures. There just aren't enough programs to help them and we knew we had to do something," said Dee Twomey, GNDC business manager. "This grant will make a big difference to allow us to help so many men and women who have served our country," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bishop of Rochester, N.Y., will be homilist for annual Red Mass - 0
- Religion Briefs: Divorce and separation support group meets in Goffstown - 0
- Annual dedication of Starr Memorial Garden scheduled - 0
- Bethany Covenant Church in Bedford celebrates 125 years, looks toward future - 0
- Season of Epsom Bible Church AWANA Clubs to begin - 0
- St. Michael's church in Exeter to offer financial course - 0
- Nursing home chaplain launches ministry - 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene man arrested in assault on 2-year-old - 1
- House upholds three Gov. Hassan vetoes, ends 2014 session - 0
- Police say woman, daughters robbed of their purses in Manchester motel parking lot - 0
- UNH math professor wins 2014 MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 4
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 5
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof