October is Polish American heritage month at Claremont's St. Joseph Church
On Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 6:30 p.m., the 24th annual Polish cooking class will be held in St. Joseph Church Hall, 58 Elm St.
Call Sharon Wood at 542-6454 or Arline Marro at 542-5933 to register so that enough food can be prepared.
The 28th annual Mass and coffee hour will be held on Sunday, Oct. 27, at 10 a.m. The Mass will feature hymns sung in Polish, followed by a coffee hour in the church hall with traditional Polish pastries served.
There is no charge, although donations are welcome.
Since 2005, The Old Courthouse, Main Street, Newport, has participated in the celebration by featuring a special menu of Polish cuisine during the last week of October.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Making ornaments unite students, vets - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Marines to gather in Gilford - 0
- Sen. Ayotte to help 'Birds' program take flight - 0
- Another View -- Mary Tamposi: No wrong door for our veterans and their families - 0
- Salute to vets Tuesday in Manchester - 0
- ConVal, Souhegan football games to feature tributes to veterans - 0
- Veteran finally tells tale to family about friend who died in war - 0
- Special indicator designates veterans on NH IDs - 0
- Army budget cuts threaten veterans' funeral honor guards - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four