October is Polish American heritage month at Claremont's St. Joseph Church
On Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 6:30 p.m., the 24th annual Polish cooking class will be held in St. Joseph Church Hall, 58 Elm St.
Call Sharon Wood at 542-6454 or Arline Marro at 542-5933 to register so that enough food can be prepared.
The 28th annual Mass and coffee hour will be held on Sunday, Oct. 27, at 10 a.m. The Mass will feature hymns sung in Polish, followed by a coffee hour in the church hall with traditional Polish pastries served.
There is no charge, although donations are welcome.
Since 2005, The Old Courthouse, Main Street, Newport, has participated in the celebration by featuring a special menu of Polish cuisine during the last week of October.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem church's Guatemala mission brings blessings - 0
- St. Margaret’s to remember veterans - 0
- Copter egg drop set - 0
- Passover marks time to celebrate faith, history - 0
- Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester - 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
- Dionne, O'Keefe to receive de Porres award at White Mass - 0
- Selling of Catholic church properties is a sign of the times - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire