Salem church uses a zombie theme to keep faith alive
“We sometimes turn to pop culture when we’re looking for ways to teach people how to practically apply their faith in their own lives,” said Gregg DiCecca, one of the church’s several pastors. “And it just so happens we have some hardcore Walking Dead fans serving on our staff right now.”
Things have changed quite a bit since then, lead pastor Anthony Milas said, noting that the church has expanded its offerings well beyond the Salem community.
Church staff is currently producing the videos onsite in the media studio at the Salem church headquarters.
Milas added that, “while the Bible has a message that can transform lives, that message won’t reach people unless they’re interested in hearing it.”
Similar themes will continue in the weeks to follow, with the programs, “Zombie Outbreak: Hope is the Antidote,” “How to Service an Attack,” and “From Death to Life,” with the program finale, “Safe Haven: Follow me if you want to live,” taking place the first weekend in November.
“What can we say, we love candy around here,” Milas said. “Church should never be boring.”
Salem services take place Saturday afternoons at 4 p.m. and on Sundays at 8:45 a.m., 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Londonderry’s Sunday services take place at 9:30 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
- NH gas pipeline expansion pushed - 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
- Wind company’s tower permit delayed again - 3
- Protesters decry 4.2-cent increase to statewide gas tax - 0
- New Hampshire motorists decry hike in fuel tax - 26
- UPDATED: Power restored after 2,000 customers go without in Manchester's downtown - 0
- Company behind Groton wind plant promotes emergency plan - 0
- Citizens protest Hollis pipeline as town awaits project details - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms