Home » News » Public Safety
Barn lost, two homes saved in Loudon 3-alarm fire
When they arrived at 7027 School St. just after 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, fire crews found a 30-by-40-foot barn fully involved in flames, Wright said.
Wright quickly called for a third alarm to bring enough firefighters to the scene to handle a potentially more serious situation.
A large group of the town’s firefighters — full-time and call firefighters — were at the station at the time, which helped, as did the home’s location, just down the road from the fire station.
Firefighters stopped the flames in an ell of the home. A huge fire that had destroyed the barn damaged only a small area of the home over a kitchen, and went no further.
The homeowner was outside the home, having been inside on the opposite side of the adjoining house when the fire broke out, he said.
One firefighter suffered dehydration fighting the flames and was treated at Concord Hospital and released.
The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, but the fire is not considered suspicious in nature, he said.
Town firefighters were joined by fire crews from Allenstown, Belmont, Boscawen, Bow, Chichester, Concord, Canterbury, Epsom, Laconia, Northfield, Pembroke and Pittsfield.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?