Home » News » Public Safety
Barn lost, two homes saved in Loudon 3-alarm fire
When they arrived at 7027 School St. just after 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, fire crews found a 30-by-40-foot barn fully involved in flames, Wright said.
Wright quickly called for a third alarm to bring enough firefighters to the scene to handle a potentially more serious situation.
A large group of the town’s firefighters — full-time and call firefighters — were at the station at the time, which helped, as did the home’s location, just down the road from the fire station.
Firefighters stopped the flames in an ell of the home. A huge fire that had destroyed the barn damaged only a small area of the home over a kitchen, and went no further.
The homeowner was outside the home, having been inside on the opposite side of the adjoining house when the fire broke out, he said.
One firefighter suffered dehydration fighting the flames and was treated at Concord Hospital and released.
The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, but the fire is not considered suspicious in nature, he said.
Town firefighters were joined by fire crews from Allenstown, Belmont, Boscawen, Bow, Chichester, Concord, Canterbury, Epsom, Laconia, Northfield, Pembroke and Pittsfield.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer