Home » News » Public Safety
Barn lost, two homes saved in Loudon 3-alarm fire
When they arrived at 7027 School St. just after 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, fire crews found a 30-by-40-foot barn fully involved in flames, Wright said.
Wright quickly called for a third alarm to bring enough firefighters to the scene to handle a potentially more serious situation.
A large group of the town’s firefighters — full-time and call firefighters — were at the station at the time, which helped, as did the home’s location, just down the road from the fire station.
Firefighters stopped the flames in an ell of the home. A huge fire that had destroyed the barn damaged only a small area of the home over a kitchen, and went no further.
The homeowner was outside the home, having been inside on the opposite side of the adjoining house when the fire broke out, he said.
One firefighter suffered dehydration fighting the flames and was treated at Concord Hospital and released.
The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, but the fire is not considered suspicious in nature, he said.
Town firefighters were joined by fire crews from Allenstown, Belmont, Boscawen, Bow, Chichester, Concord, Canterbury, Epsom, Laconia, Northfield, Pembroke and Pittsfield.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record