Home » News » Public Safety
Barn lost, two homes saved in Loudon 3-alarm fire
When they arrived at 7027 School St. just after 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, fire crews found a 30-by-40-foot barn fully involved in flames, Wright said.
Wright quickly called for a third alarm to bring enough firefighters to the scene to handle a potentially more serious situation.
A large group of the town’s firefighters — full-time and call firefighters — were at the station at the time, which helped, as did the home’s location, just down the road from the fire station.
Firefighters stopped the flames in an ell of the home. A huge fire that had destroyed the barn damaged only a small area of the home over a kitchen, and went no further.
The homeowner was outside the home, having been inside on the opposite side of the adjoining house when the fire broke out, he said.
One firefighter suffered dehydration fighting the flames and was treated at Concord Hospital and released.
The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, but the fire is not considered suspicious in nature, he said.
Town firefighters were joined by fire crews from Allenstown, Belmont, Boscawen, Bow, Chichester, Concord, Canterbury, Epsom, Laconia, Northfield, Pembroke and Pittsfield.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name