Home » News » Public Safety
Barn lost, two homes saved in Loudon 3-alarm fire
When they arrived at 7027 School St. just after 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, fire crews found a 30-by-40-foot barn fully involved in flames, Wright said.
Wright quickly called for a third alarm to bring enough firefighters to the scene to handle a potentially more serious situation.
A large group of the town’s firefighters — full-time and call firefighters — were at the station at the time, which helped, as did the home’s location, just down the road from the fire station.
Firefighters stopped the flames in an ell of the home. A huge fire that had destroyed the barn damaged only a small area of the home over a kitchen, and went no further.
The homeowner was outside the home, having been inside on the opposite side of the adjoining house when the fire broke out, he said.
One firefighter suffered dehydration fighting the flames and was treated at Concord Hospital and released.
The cause of the fire hasn’t been determined, but the fire is not considered suspicious in nature, he said.
Town firefighters were joined by fire crews from Allenstown, Belmont, Boscawen, Bow, Chichester, Concord, Canterbury, Epsom, Laconia, Northfield, Pembroke and Pittsfield.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads