Home » News » Public Safety
Fisherman dies in Connecticut River at Colebrook
According to state Fish and Game, John Cornish, 71, of Salem, Mass., was launching his boat with a friend about 10 a.m. at the Arlin Brook Access.
The boat began to drift downriver and Cornish, in hip-waders, waded into the water to retrieve the boat. As he did, investigators said he lost his footing, fell and began to swim after the boat.
Tragically, he soon lost consciousness and was pulled from the river by his friend.
Emergency response crews arrived and attempted lifesaving measures. Cornish was taken by ambulance to the Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Responding agencies included Colebrook Fire and Rescue, 45th Parallel EMS, Colebrook Police Department, New Hampshire State Police, and N.H. Fish and Game conservation officers.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072