Colebrook shows up wearing orange against Northern Pass
A crowd fills Colebrook Elementary's gymnasium for Thursday night's fourth and final Department of Energy scoping meeting for the Northern Pass project. (COURTESY OF THE NEWS AND SENTINEL)
"That's a 50-1 ratio, by the way," Savage said.
"They can put these things six feet underground, where no one is going to be bothered by it," Moffett said, pointing to similar lines being buried in Vermont and Maine. "Northern Pass says it's too expensive — don't believe it. Stick to your guns."
She likened Northern Pass to a child who "asks to be granted something they should not have," and who upon being refused "will come back and suggest amendments, compromises and conditional assurances." There comes a time, Amey said, "when you tell the child, enough — you've had your chance to make your case, and you've failed. Now go spend your energy doing what you know is the right thing to do."
Mark Armstrong, a forester for Wagner Forest Management, was careful to note that he was expressing his own, personal opinions.
"The rock solid, reliable power grid we enjoy here didn't just magically appear," he said. "We will need this power. During these past decades, wealthy non-profit, phony environmentalist racketeers have successfully blocked any new construction of hydro-electric or nuclear facilities, which by this time could have already been providing low-cost, base-load power to this country, right here in this country."
Comments may be posted online at www.northernpasseis.us/comment; by e-mail to Brian.Mills@hq.doe.gov; or by post to his attention at the U.S. DOE, 1000 Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC 20585.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
- David Harsanyi: Not surprising more Americans believe freedom is overrated - 1
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Water-loving dogs should be watched so they don't overdo it - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax