Colebrook shows up wearing orange against Northern Pass
"That's a 50-1 ratio, by the way," Savage said.
"They can put these things six feet underground, where no one is going to be bothered by it," Moffett said, pointing to similar lines being buried in Vermont and Maine. "Northern Pass says it's too expensive — don't believe it. Stick to your guns."
She likened Northern Pass to a child who "asks to be granted something they should not have," and who upon being refused "will come back and suggest amendments, compromises and conditional assurances." There comes a time, Amey said, "when you tell the child, enough — you've had your chance to make your case, and you've failed. Now go spend your energy doing what you know is the right thing to do."
Mark Armstrong, a forester for Wagner Forest Management, was careful to note that he was expressing his own, personal opinions.
"The rock solid, reliable power grid we enjoy here didn't just magically appear," he said. "We will need this power. During these past decades, wealthy non-profit, phony environmentalist racketeers have successfully blocked any new construction of hydro-electric or nuclear facilities, which by this time could have already been providing low-cost, base-load power to this country, right here in this country."
Comments may be posted online at www.northernpasseis.us/comment; by e-mail to Brian.Mills@hq.doe.gov; or by post to his attention at the U.S. DOE, 1000 Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC 20585.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 8
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 18
- John Stossel: Celebs pose in opposition to system that made them rich - 7
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 2
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Most NH hospitals average on measurement of knee, hip surgery; Wentworth-Douglas among worst
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos