Colebrook shows up wearing orange against Northern Pass
"That's a 50-1 ratio, by the way," Savage said.
"They can put these things six feet underground, where no one is going to be bothered by it," Moffett said, pointing to similar lines being buried in Vermont and Maine. "Northern Pass says it's too expensive — don't believe it. Stick to your guns."
She likened Northern Pass to a child who "asks to be granted something they should not have," and who upon being refused "will come back and suggest amendments, compromises and conditional assurances." There comes a time, Amey said, "when you tell the child, enough — you've had your chance to make your case, and you've failed. Now go spend your energy doing what you know is the right thing to do."
Mark Armstrong, a forester for Wagner Forest Management, was careful to note that he was expressing his own, personal opinions.
"The rock solid, reliable power grid we enjoy here didn't just magically appear," he said. "We will need this power. During these past decades, wealthy non-profit, phony environmentalist racketeers have successfully blocked any new construction of hydro-electric or nuclear facilities, which by this time could have already been providing low-cost, base-load power to this country, right here in this country."
Comments may be posted online at www.northernpasseis.us/comment; by e-mail to Brian.Mills@hq.doe.gov; or by post to his attention at the U.S. DOE, 1000 Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC 20585.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 17
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings