A brave new world for Londonderry school district tech policy
In fact, students are encouraged to bring their own device to class.
Over the past two years, Londonderry school officials have worked to increase the district’s bandwidth, further integrate technology into the curriculum, and set the foundation for Londonderry to create a “bring your own device” environment.
“Teachers are now able to utilize their personal devices through both the district network and a newly developed guest network,” he said.
The IT department is monitoring online traffic flow as they work to complete the installation of a new server that will allow remote access to all staff files.
The IT department also plans to increase Wi-Fi access at the district’s elementary schools starting next semester.
“I think this is a very thoughtful approach, not just for our staff but for these young adults,” board member Leitha Reilly said. “Because these kids are speaking a different language than what we were brought up with.”
“It’s a different world,” she said.
Those who wish to view the proposed updates to the district’s digital technology and electronic media policy may do so online at www.londonderry.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 1
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 0
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
- George Will: Misreading Putin, and history - 4
- Rep. Kenneth Fredette: NH should avoid Maine’s Medicaid mistake - 5
- David Harsanyi: Social conservatives would benefit by embracing libertarianism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief