Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Prosecutors move to revoke bail of former Hampton man charged in sex assault
Prosecutors asked a judge to prevent Ferland from being released from county jail pending his trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on charges of manufacturing child pornography.
The girl told police that she met Ferland around 1 a.m. on Sept. 8 and had a sexual encounter.
She and Ferland decided to meet at a local bus stop while communicating through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, according to a police affidavit.
A circuit court judge set Ferland’s bail at $50,000 cash following his arraignment in the sexual assault case.
Ferland was indicted in the Hampton case in June.
In the Hampton case, Ferland is accused of sending sexually explicit photos of his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend to her father.
Hampton police said they arrested Ferland on Feb. 20 while executing a search warrant at his home.
A conviction for manufacture of child sexual abuse images carries a state prison sentence of up to 15 to 30 years behind bars.
The investigation was led by Hampton police with assistance from the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
- Salem child porn arrest after tip leading to cloud storage of images - 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 6
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Community groups profit from race week
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
- Total Votes: 917