Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Prosecutors move to revoke bail of former Hampton man charged in sex assault
Prosecutors asked a judge to prevent Ferland from being released from county jail pending his trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on charges of manufacturing child pornography.
The girl told police that she met Ferland around 1 a.m. on Sept. 8 and had a sexual encounter.
She and Ferland decided to meet at a local bus stop while communicating through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, according to a police affidavit.
A circuit court judge set Ferland’s bail at $50,000 cash following his arraignment in the sexual assault case.
Ferland was indicted in the Hampton case in June.
In the Hampton case, Ferland is accused of sending sexually explicit photos of his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend to her father.
Hampton police said they arrested Ferland on Feb. 20 while executing a search warrant at his home.
A conviction for manufacture of child sexual abuse images carries a state prison sentence of up to 15 to 30 years behind bars.
The investigation was led by Hampton police with assistance from the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials say law governing bingo 'consultants' needs work - 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
George Will: The face of IRS behavior