Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Prosecutors move to revoke bail of former Hampton man charged in sex assault
Prosecutors asked a judge to prevent Ferland from being released from county jail pending his trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on charges of manufacturing child pornography.
The girl told police that she met Ferland around 1 a.m. on Sept. 8 and had a sexual encounter.
She and Ferland decided to meet at a local bus stop while communicating through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, according to a police affidavit.
A circuit court judge set Ferland’s bail at $50,000 cash following his arraignment in the sexual assault case.
Ferland was indicted in the Hampton case in June.
In the Hampton case, Ferland is accused of sending sexually explicit photos of his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend to her father.
Hampton police said they arrested Ferland on Feb. 20 while executing a search warrant at his home.
A conviction for manufacture of child sexual abuse images carries a state prison sentence of up to 15 to 30 years behind bars.
The investigation was led by Hampton police with assistance from the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
Number of NH families in need grows
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424