Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Man who threatened Salem store worker with syringe to plead guilty
BRENTWOOD — A man who claimed he had AIDS when he threatened to jab a syringe into a loss prevention worker in a Salem department store has agreed to plead guilty to felony robbery and theft charges.
Victor Deleon, 39, of Lawrence, Mass., will plead guilty to charges that he threatened the worker Feb. 4 at a Lowe’s Home Improvement store in Salem, according to court records.
Terms of the deal have not yet been made public, but court documents indicate Deleon will enter a residential treatment program as part of his sentence.
Deleon could face up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison, but the plea deal indicates he will likely receive a lesser sentence for entering a guilty plea.
He is expected to change his plea on Nov. 4 in Rockingham County Superior Court and be sentenced on the same day.
Salem police say Deleon and his partner are suspected of stealing from several Lowe’s stores in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
The loss prevention worker, Craig Brewer, confronted Deleon after he allegedly tried to steal saw blades from the store, according to prosecutors.
Brewer told police he backed off once Deleon took the needle from his pocket and said “I have AIDS,” police said.
Deleon fled from the Route 28 store moments after the attempted shoplifting. He carried out the heist with an alleged partner, Victor Garcia, 32, of Lawrence, Mass., who is being sought by police.
Lowe’s loss prevention staff told police they believe the two men are responsible for similar thefts at area stores based on information they’ve collected.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483