Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Man who threatened Salem store worker with syringe to plead guilty
BRENTWOOD — A man who claimed he had AIDS when he threatened to jab a syringe into a loss prevention worker in a Salem department store has agreed to plead guilty to felony robbery and theft charges.
Victor Deleon, 39, of Lawrence, Mass., will plead guilty to charges that he threatened the worker Feb. 4 at a Lowe’s Home Improvement store in Salem, according to court records.
Terms of the deal have not yet been made public, but court documents indicate Deleon will enter a residential treatment program as part of his sentence.
Deleon could face up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison, but the plea deal indicates he will likely receive a lesser sentence for entering a guilty plea.
He is expected to change his plea on Nov. 4 in Rockingham County Superior Court and be sentenced on the same day.
Salem police say Deleon and his partner are suspected of stealing from several Lowe’s stores in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
The loss prevention worker, Craig Brewer, confronted Deleon after he allegedly tried to steal saw blades from the store, according to prosecutors.
Brewer told police he backed off once Deleon took the needle from his pocket and said “I have AIDS,” police said.
Deleon fled from the Route 28 store moments after the attempted shoplifting. He carried out the heist with an alleged partner, Victor Garcia, 32, of Lawrence, Mass., who is being sought by police.
Lowe’s loss prevention staff told police they believe the two men are responsible for similar thefts at area stores based on information they’ve collected.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424