Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Man who threatened Salem store worker with syringe to plead guilty
BRENTWOOD — A man who claimed he had AIDS when he threatened to jab a syringe into a loss prevention worker in a Salem department store has agreed to plead guilty to felony robbery and theft charges.
Victor Deleon, 39, of Lawrence, Mass., will plead guilty to charges that he threatened the worker Feb. 4 at a Lowe’s Home Improvement store in Salem, according to court records.
Terms of the deal have not yet been made public, but court documents indicate Deleon will enter a residential treatment program as part of his sentence.
Deleon could face up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison, but the plea deal indicates he will likely receive a lesser sentence for entering a guilty plea.
He is expected to change his plea on Nov. 4 in Rockingham County Superior Court and be sentenced on the same day.
Salem police say Deleon and his partner are suspected of stealing from several Lowe’s stores in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
The loss prevention worker, Craig Brewer, confronted Deleon after he allegedly tried to steal saw blades from the store, according to prosecutors.
Brewer told police he backed off once Deleon took the needle from his pocket and said “I have AIDS,” police said.
Deleon fled from the Route 28 store moments after the attempted shoplifting. He carried out the heist with an alleged partner, Victor Garcia, 32, of Lawrence, Mass., who is being sought by police.
Lowe’s loss prevention staff told police they believe the two men are responsible for similar thefts at area stores based on information they’ve collected.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483