Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
‘Fugitive of the Week’ arrested in Brockton, Mass., Thursday
A man featured Wednesday as the “Fugitive of the Week” was arrested early Thursday morning in Brockton, Mass.
Tyler Root, 25, was being sought on an arrest warrant issued by Belknap County Superior Court for failure to appear on a charge of sexual assault on a minor.
After various news outlets, including the New Hampshire Union Leaer, publicized that law enforcement officials were looking for Root, members of the U.S. Marshals task forces in New Hampshire and Massachusetts received anonymous tips, leading them to a Vine Street address in Brockton, Mass.
Thursday morning, the Massachusetts U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force, including members from Brockton police and Massachusetts State Police, Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section, along with deputy U.S. Marshals, converged on the Vine Street residence where Root was located and arrested without incident.
He was taken to the Brockton police station for processing on the charge of being a fugitive from justice on the outstanding New Hampshire arrest warrant.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 1
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 2
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483