Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Driver who hit tot facing felonies
Katlynn Hollisworth, 24, was arrested for driving while intoxicating after her car jumped the curb and hit Cooper Rogers, 3, while he was walking down the sidewalk with his mom. NANCY BEAN FOSTER
According to Rogers' sister, Danielle Levitz, Rogers had just picked up Cooper, 3, from day care on School Street. The two were walking down the sidewalk when a vehicle jumped the curb and sent the boy hurtling through the air.
The driver of the vehicle, Katlynn Hollinsworth, 24, continued driving down the sidewalk briefly before stopping, according to Capt. Ian Donovan of the Hillsborough Police Department. She was arrested at the scene and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and first-degree assault, both felonies.
Donovan said officers on the scene suspected that Hollinsworth was intoxicated by drugs, not alcohol.
Levitz was working at the elementary school up the street from the day care when she got the call her nephew had been injured. She ran down the street in a panic and saw Cooper on the ground, a sneaker knocked off his foot by the impact.
Cooper was taken to Concord Hospital, and then to Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. Levitz said the boy is recovering steadily and was feeling well enough to play with his iPad Thursday.
Levitz, who was at Hollinsworth's arraignment with other family members, said she hopes people realize that driving while intoxicated has serious repercussions. She said her family wants Hollinsworth to learn that lesson as well.
The Hillsboro Moose lodge has started a fund for the Rogers family to help with medical and travel expenses. Donations to the Cooper Rogers Fund can be sent to Hillsboro Moose Lodge 1091, PO Box 333, Hillsboro, NH 03244
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483