Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Driver who hit tot facing felonies
Katlynn Hollisworth, 24, was arrested for driving while intoxicating after her car jumped the curb and hit Cooper Rogers, 3, while he was walking down the sidewalk with his mom. NANCY BEAN FOSTER
According to Rogers' sister, Danielle Levitz, Rogers had just picked up Cooper, 3, from day care on School Street. The two were walking down the sidewalk when a vehicle jumped the curb and sent the boy hurtling through the air.
The driver of the vehicle, Katlynn Hollinsworth, 24, continued driving down the sidewalk briefly before stopping, according to Capt. Ian Donovan of the Hillsborough Police Department. She was arrested at the scene and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and first-degree assault, both felonies.
Donovan said officers on the scene suspected that Hollinsworth was intoxicated by drugs, not alcohol.
Levitz was working at the elementary school up the street from the day care when she got the call her nephew had been injured. She ran down the street in a panic and saw Cooper on the ground, a sneaker knocked off his foot by the impact.
Cooper was taken to Concord Hospital, and then to Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. Levitz said the boy is recovering steadily and was feeling well enough to play with his iPad Thursday.
Levitz, who was at Hollinsworth's arraignment with other family members, said she hopes people realize that driving while intoxicated has serious repercussions. She said her family wants Hollinsworth to learn that lesson as well.
The Hillsboro Moose lodge has started a fund for the Rogers family to help with medical and travel expenses. Donations to the Cooper Rogers Fund can be sent to Hillsboro Moose Lodge 1091, PO Box 333, Hillsboro, NH 03244
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Plea deal possible in Littleton murder
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424