Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Driver who hit tot facing felonies
Katlynn Hollisworth, 24, was arrested for driving while intoxicating after her car jumped the curb and hit Cooper Rogers, 3, while he was walking down the sidewalk with his mom. NANCY BEAN FOSTER
According to Rogers' sister, Danielle Levitz, Rogers had just picked up Cooper, 3, from day care on School Street. The two were walking down the sidewalk when a vehicle jumped the curb and sent the boy hurtling through the air.
The driver of the vehicle, Katlynn Hollinsworth, 24, continued driving down the sidewalk briefly before stopping, according to Capt. Ian Donovan of the Hillsborough Police Department. She was arrested at the scene and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and first-degree assault, both felonies.
Donovan said officers on the scene suspected that Hollinsworth was intoxicated by drugs, not alcohol.
Levitz was working at the elementary school up the street from the day care when she got the call her nephew had been injured. She ran down the street in a panic and saw Cooper on the ground, a sneaker knocked off his foot by the impact.
Cooper was taken to Concord Hospital, and then to Children's Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. Levitz said the boy is recovering steadily and was feeling well enough to play with his iPad Thursday.
Levitz, who was at Hollinsworth's arraignment with other family members, said she hopes people realize that driving while intoxicated has serious repercussions. She said her family wants Hollinsworth to learn that lesson as well.
The Hillsboro Moose lodge has started a fund for the Rogers family to help with medical and travel expenses. Donations to the Cooper Rogers Fund can be sent to Hillsboro Moose Lodge 1091, PO Box 333, Hillsboro, NH 03244
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 15
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483