Attorney General eyes elderly Portsmouth woman's bequest to police officer
Last year, Webber made Portsmouth police Sgt. Aaron Goodwin the primary benefactor to her estate, which includes a waterfront home on Sagamore Creek and a variety of other assets. The change cut out or reduced inheritances for several other heirs, which include charitable organizations, the city of Portsmouth’s police and fire departments and a Massachusetts high school.
Jim Ritzo, Webber’s lawyer for nearly 25 years, became the first to challenge the will earlier this year, suggesting that Goodwin asserted undue influence over his former client.
“Aaron Goodwin did, by reporting the situation to the proper authorities, aid Geraldine W. Webber in preventing her former attorney from maintaining control over (her) against her will during her life under a power of attorney,” Doleac said in the court motion.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
- Alexandria won't approve permit for wind-power developer - 0
- Windham officials to discuss development - 0
- AMC asking N.E. governors to stop Northern Pass lines - 25
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
- NH gas pipeline expansion pushed - 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
- Wind company’s tower permit delayed again - 3
- Protesters decry 4.2-cent increase to statewide gas tax - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
- Should mortar-style firework sales to the public be prohibited?
- Total Votes: 1507