Culinary skills get the old college try at Glolocalvore at Franklin Pierce College
The Glocalvore culinary showcase challenged professional and up-and-coming chefs from the international food service company Sodexo to create authentic global recipes utilizing as many fresh local New England ingredients as possible.
“I’m trying to lessen our carbon footprint,” he said, adding, “from a culinary standpoint, local food just tastes good.”
The challenges push the chefs to be creative and get away from typical cafeteria fare like macaroni and cheese and meatloaf.
Freshmen Crystal Colon and Tori Averill loved it, taking small helpings of several dishes.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.