Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Rockies roll over Red Sox
Charlie Blackmon, Troy Tulowitzki and Corey Dickerson homered off Boston starter John Lackey and slow the Red Sox's bid to earn home-field advantage in the American League playoffs.
Chatwood (8-5) allowed three hits over seven innings to earn his first win since July 26 as the Rockies improved to 45-35 at home. Michael Cuddyer had two hits and two RBIs and DJ LeMahieu added a two-run single for Colorado, which broke the game open with four runs in the seventh.
Lackey (10-13) gave up four runs on six hits in as many innings to fall to 17-10 lifetime in interleague play. Jarrod Saltalamacchia hit a two-run homer in the ninth for Boston, which leads Oakland by a half-game for the best record in the AL.
The Rockies jumped on Lackey when Blackmon led off the bottom of the first with a homer to extend his hitting streak to nine games. Cuddyer doubled and scored on Todd Helton's single later in the inning before Tulowitzki went deep in the fourth and Dickerson belted a shot in the fifth for a 4-0 edge.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Helton's first-inning run-scoring single was his 1,403 career RBI, tying him with Juan Gonzalez for 62nd place on the all-time list. ... Red Sox CF Jacoby Ellsbury, sidelined since Sept. 6 with a fracture of the navicular bone in his right foot, is scheduled to return to the starting lineup on Wednesday. 1B Mike Napoli (plantar fasciitis) sat out his third straight game but is also expected back Wednesday. ... Cuddyer's two hits boosted his National League-leading batting average to .335.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
- Girls' Basketball: Title defenders are also contenders - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 1
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty