Home » News » Public Safety
Child struck by vehicle in Hillsborough
HILLSBOROUGH — A 3-year-old boy was seriously injured Wednesday when he was hit by a drunk driver while walking out of a day care center with his mother, police said.
Police said the boy was leaving the Hillsboro Community Child Development Center about 3 p.m. Wednesday when a car driven by Katlynn Hollinsworth, 24, of Hillsborough, veered off School Street and hit him and his mother.
Hollinsworth was arrested on charges of first-degree assault and felony driving under the influence.
The boy was taken to Concord Hospital, then transferred to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, police said.
A receptionist at the Child Development Center said a supervisor was unavailable to comment on any accident at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072