Home » News » Public Safety
Child struck by vehicle in Hillsborough
HILLSBOROUGH — A 3-year-old boy was seriously injured Wednesday when he was hit by a drunk driver while walking out of a day care center with his mother, police said.
Police said the boy was leaving the Hillsboro Community Child Development Center about 3 p.m. Wednesday when a car driven by Katlynn Hollinsworth, 24, of Hillsborough, veered off School Street and hit him and his mother.
Hollinsworth was arrested on charges of first-degree assault and felony driving under the influence.
The boy was taken to Concord Hospital, then transferred to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, police said.
A receptionist at the Child Development Center said a supervisor was unavailable to comment on any accident at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run