Home » News » Public Safety
Child struck by vehicle in Hillsborough
HILLSBOROUGH — A 3-year-old boy was seriously injured Wednesday when he was hit by a drunk driver while walking out of a day care center with his mother, police said.
Police said the boy was leaving the Hillsboro Community Child Development Center about 3 p.m. Wednesday when a car driven by Katlynn Hollinsworth, 24, of Hillsborough, veered off School Street and hit him and his mother.
Hollinsworth was arrested on charges of first-degree assault and felony driving under the influence.
The boy was taken to Concord Hospital, then transferred to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, police said.
A receptionist at the Child Development Center said a supervisor was unavailable to comment on any accident at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads